Its less than a week till Valentines day , way not make something special for the person you love. These are so beautiful and they super fun to make.
- 1 large red apple, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup of Water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 T ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven – 200 degrees, spray and cook your muffin tin
- Slice your apple into thin slices, keep the skin on.
- Place apple slices into a bowl with 1/ 2 cup of water and the juice from one lemon.
- Microwave on High about 3 min , mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Roll out puff pastry sheet and cut into 6 pieces
- Spread melted butter over dough; top with a generous amount of cinnamon-sugar.
- Place apple slices along 1 long edge of dough, about 1/2 cm beyond edge of dough, overlapping slices slightly.
- Fold bottom half of dough over the apple slices to form a long “fold” leaving apple slices exposed.
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Paint surface of dough with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with more cinnamon-sugar, to taste.
- Starting from one end, roll dough (not too tightly) to form a rose-shaped pastry.
- Seal the roll with a little water/egg wash if needed
- Transfer roses to prepared muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with a little more cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Place muffin tin directly on middle rack of preheated oven.
- Bake until well browned, about 45 minutes.
- Remove muffin tin allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Remove apple roses dust with icing sugar and enjoy.
You can also have some fun and make pizza roses, you can do a margarita version or add some salami as the petals . I found this post on you tube , same principle just pizza ingredients. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8UrrD1BwR4.
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms:
Facebook: MasterChef SA Claire Allen