I had the absolute pleasure of appearing at the #FloraBlendBar pop up shop at the Zone @ Rose Bank shopping mall. What an awesome experience!
Flora, endorsed by the Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa, contains Canola oil which is packed with both omega 3 and 6. It’s a well-known fact that these fatty acids (the good fats) are necessary for optimal heart health. These essential oils also help balance your cholesterol levels. My mission on the day: create four delicious dishes that were quick, great tasting and still good for you. Challenge accepted!
Here’s what I decided on:
- Chocolate Flora Mug Cake, served with a drizzle of Flora Carmel.
- Flora Soya Salmon Glaze served with one salmon steak and bread.
- Flora Salad dressing served with sliced cucumber.
- Savoury Flora Spread (Coriander and chili ) and Sweet Flora Nutella
I’ll be sharing these recipes on my blog over the next few weeks
- Chocolate Mug Cake
This is a quick and easy treat that I love to make mid-week when I get a craving for something sweet.
Did you know:
Cacao Powder is a Superfood. It’s basically “super-healthy” chocolate powder. This means that it’s just about the greatest news ever for chocolate-lovers.
Why is it healthy? It has the highest concentration of several key nutrients, including iron and magnesium.
1 tbs melted Flora
- 4 tbs cake flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs milk
- 3 tbs melted Flora
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbs dark raw chocolate chips
- Brush two 250ml microwave-proof mugs with melted flora.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, egg, milk, flora vanilla and chocolate in a bowl.
- Beat well with a whisk until smooth and blended.
- Divide the batter between the two mugs, filling the mugs to ¾ so as not to overflow.
- Push a block of the chocolate into the centre of each mug, then microwave on high power for 1 minute and then again for 30 seconds.
- Don’t overcook or your cake will become tough.
Truly simple and easy. So when your sweet tooth creeps up during the Sunday night movie, this will take you under 4 minutes to make.
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms:
Facebook: Claire Allen