Okay so if you haven’t read about my collaboration with Banks Kitchen Boutique keep reading. I have launched a new series of recipe posts using their products. And you are going to love this one.
This full proof recipe will have you looking like a professional baker. Serve them straight from the oven with perfectly poached eggs. Can’t make perfecting poached eggs don’t worry Banks has your covered!. Product used: Eddingtons silicone Egg Poacher
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. English mustard powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 70 g butter, softened
- 100 g grated mature cheddar and for the top of scones
- 30 g grated Parmesan
- 150 ml buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. black pepper!
- Egg to poach
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder& mustard and add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, plenty of black pepper and sugar.
- Add the butter and rub into the flour with fingertips until totally mixed.
- Add cheese into the mixture, and then gradually add the buttermilk until soft, sticky dough is formed.
- Roll the mixture to about 1.5cm thick and press out around 12 scones (5-6 cm in diameter).
- Brush milk over the scones. Top each with a little Cheddar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until well-risen and golden brown. Cool on a wire tray.
- These taste amazing whilst still warm, so try them straight away!
The method for poached eggs:
- Generously brush the inside of the pod with oil and crack an egg in.
- Fill a small pot with 2cm deep with water and place the pod inside.
- Bring the pan to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 4-6 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Run a spoon around the egg and pop out your perfectly poached eggs
Slice your scones in half and serve with the Parma ham, bearnaise sauce, and your eggs.
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms: