So I am so excited to launch a new series with Banks Kitchen Boutique!!!!
I’ll be sharing recipes I have created with their products.We are kicking off the collaboration with my delicious Chili Tomato Jam recipe.
Product used: Kitchen Craft Thermometer.
Homemade jam is just delicious and this recipe is quick and easy and goes so well with my cheddar cheese scones which I am sharing next.
- 750 g good ripe tomatoes (Roma are best), cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp. fresh grated or minced ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 jalapeño or other peppers, stemmed, seeded and minced, or red pepper flakes or cayenne to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy medium saucepan, Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture has the consistency of thick jam, about 45 min.
- You will know your jam is ready when the jam reaches 110 degrees; the Kitchen Craft Jam thermometer has JAM noted on the reading, so you can’t miss it.
- Make sure you bring the thermometer up to heat with what you are cooking.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, then cool and refrigerate until ready to use; this will keep at least a week.
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms: