This classic Middle Eastern breakfast dish is spicy, hearty, and very inexpensive.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium brown or white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups ripe diced tomatoes, or 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chili powder (mild)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (or more to taste– spicy!)
- Pinch of sugar (optional, to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5-6 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a pan fry, onion, peppers till soft then add garlic then spices and fry till aromatic.
- Pour in tomatoes, crush any big pieces, bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 min or so.
- Taste and add additional spices to taste and sugar if needed, add eggs, season and cover on a low heat. Cook for 10 min.
- Serve with parsley or coriander with fresh bread/toast.
A great one pan breakfast you can serve sharing style in the centre of the table!
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms: