- 2 cups Pan Juices
- 1/4 cup Savanna Dry Apple Cider
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
You can use liquid stock to substitute the full 500ml of pan juices. Lamb stock if you cooking lamb, chicken if you cooking chicken and so on. A mix of Beef and the Vegatable stock is also great for Pork.
- After roasting your protein place your baking tray on the stovetop.
- Add stock if required and add Cider
- Mix well and using a fork scrap all crispy bits on the base of the baking tray. (that’s where all the flavour is).
- Allow the cider to simmer and cook off the alcohol.
- In a small mixing bowl add 2 tbsp of cornstarch and liquid from your baking tray, you want to ensure you have no lumps in your cornstarch mixture and that it’s not thick. This is called a slurry.
- Add to your baking tray and stir, allow your gravy to thicken, you can repeat step 5 till the desired consistency is created.
- Make sure you allow the cornstarch to cook and thicken don’t rush it you don’t want your gravy too thick.
- Never run out of gravy, that’s why I always make a big batch and then you can freeze the rest in an ice cube tray and store in a freezer bag and use when needed.
- It’s a great addition to any homemade pie as well.
- You can use flour instead of corn flour just make sure cook out your flour you don’t want your gravy tasting like raw flour.
- Don’t fear you can always strain your gravy if any lumps do appear.
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms: