Truffles, truffles … so decadent, with a rich, powerful almost chocolate-like scent, truffles were something I was very excited to use in a dish. I got to make this dish for Michael, a guest on my YouTube channel who wanted to make a special dish for his wife. They are planning to travel to Europe this year, and after 14 years of being together, he wanted to treat her to a something decadent and special.
How to Make Pork Loin with Truffle Red Wine Sauce, you can watch me whipping up this recipe on my you tube channel, Claire Allen , I just launched my cooking series The Foodie In Love. Let me know what think and what you want to see me make!!!
- 300 g pork tenderloin/fillet
- 1 black truffle
- 15 g fresh parsley
- 150 ml beef stock
- Pepper and salt
- 50 ml red wine
- 100 ml cream
- Pasta of choice
- First, season the pork with pepper and salt.
- Place pan over high heat and add the butter. Next, fry the pork fillet for 3-4 minutes on both sides.
- Place pork in oven dish and cook for 10 -15 min in 120°C degree oven.
- Keeping leftover juices and seasoning from pan, place on a reduced heat and add chopped parsley.
- Now, pour the wine into the pan and bring to boil, then reduce heat. Add the stock cube to 150ml boiling water, and add the stock to the wine. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut the truffle into very fine slices and add to the sauce. Again, let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, slowly pour the cream into the pan. Stir well.
- When the pork is done, cut into slices and serve with pasta and fresh parsley.
A little bit of truffle really does make any meal just that much extra special. This recipe I believe would go very well with beef as well as pork. I’ve made beef wellington with truffle paste instead of mushroom duxelles..it was mind-blowing.
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms:
Facebook: MasterChef SA Claire Allen