I love pancakes, it’s my Sunday treat and birthday breakfast special, last week was International Pancake Day!! Happiness is, so I celebrated with a pancake that I think is the yummiest by far; The Dutch Pancake.
I love this dish because its super quick , you need a blender and cast iron pan
You can watch me whipping up this recipe on my you tube channel, Claire Allen , I just launched my cooking series The Foodie In Love. Let me know what think and what you want to see me make!!!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs Cinnamon Sugar
- Fresh Berries
- Icing Sugar for presentation
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a medium cast-iron or ovenproof nonstick pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- In a blender, combine eggs, milk, flour, salt, vanilla and sugar.
- Blend until foamy, for about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into pan; bake until pancake is puffed and lightly browned, 20 minutes or so
- Remove Pancake from oven and dot with butter, and sprinkle cinnamon sugar and fresh berries.
- Work quickly, slice into wedges and dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Perfect for a one pan breakfast for 4.
Its tastes like a custard slice and a pancake fell in love
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms:
Facebook: MasterChef SA Claire Allen