The French version of toasted cheese, Croque Monsieur is just perfect for that lazy breakfast in bed on Sunday mornings
- 1 tub crème fraîche
- 15 ml Milk
- 150 g grated cheddar and parmesan
- Cayenne pepper
- 50 g Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 4 long slices of thick-cut white bread
- 2 slices of good quality leg ham
- Mix crème fraîche, milk, cheese, mustard and seasoning together.
- Spoon mixture onto both slices of your bread, cover once slice with ham and layer the 2nd slice on top of the first (mixture face up).
- Place in oven and cook until cheese is melted and crispy.
Okay, I can’t lie the above is perfect for lunch and event a cheeky weekend dinner when you want to be a little indulgent.
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms: