Sticky, crispy and packed with flavour, these lamb chops with carrot, couscous and crushed roasted potatoes are the perfect Sunday lunch meal.
- 6 lamb chops, French-trimmed
- 200g mixed-colour baby heritage carrots
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 3 oranges
- ½ a bunch of fresh thyme
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g honey
- Salt and pepper
- Score the fat of the lamb chops, season them with sea salt and black pepper, then line them up, like a rack, and sit them together fat edges down in a large shallow casserole pan on a medium-high heat.
- Leave for 5 minutes to render and crisp up.
- Trim and add the whole baby carrots (halving any larger ones) and the unpeeled garlic cloves alongside and thyme turning the carrots regularly.
- Gently turn the chops on to their sides, to cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden, but still pink in the middle.
- Remove the chops to a plate to rest, then squeeze the orange juice from all 3 oranges into the pan.
- Let the juice bubble, add honey and butter and reduce until sticky, quickly toss the lamb back in with its resting juice.
Serve with couscous salad and roast potatoes.
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms: