Such a quick dessert that will leave your guests amazed , wanting more and wondering where you get the time
- 200g cherries, pitted
- 150ml double cream
- 150ml full fat milk
- 1 bunch lemon verbena
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 130g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 25g unsalted butter
For the Crumble
- 70g unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 25g plain flour
- 70g Demerara sugar
- 50g Oats
- Butter 8 shallow baking dishes and sprinkle on a little sugar, add the cherries. (I did one large one for the live demo but smaller ones always look a little more elegant)
- Bring the milk and cream up to the boil with the lemon zest.
- Cream the sugar and eggs in a bowl, add the flour, then strain the boiled liquid and whisk in.
- Pour over the cherries.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 20min.
- To make the crumble place the flour, oats and sugar in a bowl, add the butter and work into the flour and sugar.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 15min.
To serve cover the top of the clafoutis with the crumble and home made creme anglaise
…Food is Love…