My signature dish!
The dish I should have made the day I was eliminated from MasterChef and the dish I love to make at least once a month. I have partnered with Lourensford Wine Estate and have some delish winter dishes to share with you. First up … 40 Cloves of Garlic Chicken!
- 40 cloves of garlic
- 1 whole chicken (you can use chicken pieces
- 100 g butter
- 100 ml oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 x Bouquet garni
- 2 T finely chopped rosemary
- 450 ml of chicken and beef stock mixed
- 350 ml Lourensford Chardonnay Wine
“Intense ripe pineapple and melon flavours supported by white peach, apricot and hints of jasmine and lemon zest. Orange peel, roasted cashew nuts, toffee and vanilla flavours in the wine reminds of a wet pine forest floor in autumn. The wine has a brilliant acidity and strong core due to the natural fermentation. The roundness on the pallet and flavours of orange blossom and lemony zest is supported by a creamy finish.”
- Heat a pan with butter and oil.
- Brown your chicken.
- Remove from pan and rest.
- Fry garlic till brown.
- Add stock, wine and herbs then return chicken to the pot.
- Place lid on and cover with tin foil (if you don’t have a pot you can do that using a baking tray covered with foil).
- I am very naughty with cooking and feel it should come from your heart and instinct. Taste your food and make it right for you. I always do add extra wine and stock… make sure your pot/dish is at least half full to ensure enough room.
- Bake at 180 degrees in the oven for an hour.
- Remove chicken, brown and carve for dishing.
Be warned – the chicken will fall off the bone, so you actually just pull it apart, not carve it. Reduce sauce in a small pot and pour into a dish to serve.
“This powerful wine can be matched with strongly flavoured food like duck an l’orange and rich sauces like a walnut and hollandaise sauce, provided that it is not too lemony. It pairs particularly well with crayfish or smoked haddock in a creamy sauce. It is equally good with salmon or crab risottos. Serve chilled but not too cold.”
All I can say is ….. Winner winner chicken dinner…
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms: