- 6 medium floury potatoes
- 25g butter
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic balbs
- few sprigs thyme
- 300ml cider
- 300ml chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel potatoes slice potatoes in half so they lie flat in a pan.
- Heat butter and 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan large enough to hold all of the potatoes.
- When the fat is hot, fry on both sides until dark golden, around 10-15 mins.
Pour in enough cider and stock to go halfway up the side of the potatoes.
- Simmer for 10 mins, then turn and cook the other side for 10 mins.
- Slice the top of the garlic bulbs off and top with olive oil and place in frying pan.
- Top up with cider and stock if the liquid evaporates. Transfer to oven for 10 mins at 180C to crisp up and serve immediately.
When cooking for a large group over the festive season food prep will make your life so much easier. I would suggest doing all the steps in the morning and crisping up the potatoes in the oven just before serving to ensure your potatoes are warm, crispy and delicious.
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms: