It’s #MandelaDay and I am so grateful that Banks Kitchen Shop included me in their annual Soup Drive. Our Aim: To make 67 litres of soup to donate to the Haven Night Shelter and Noah.
- 1kg pumpkin
- 2 chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 Tbs of curry powder
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt, black pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and season your pumpkin, onion and garlic.
- Roast until tender
- To a large pot over medium heat bring your stock to the boil and add your pumpkin and onion and bring to the simmer.
- Transfer soup mixture to a blender or use an emulsion blender to puree the soup.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes and taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve with crusty bread and butter.
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms: