These crispy fried onion bhajis are insanely good, I made these with a really delicious dipping sauce which took everything to a whole new level.
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground coriander
2 Tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
2 white onions
150 g flour
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
150 ml water
Oil for frying
1. Peel and finely slice onions then set aside.
2. Mix together the flour, salt, chopped coriander and all the spices.
3. Add 150 ml cold water to the spice mixture, whisk until you have a thick paste.
4. Toss the sliced onions into the batter and mix it around a bit, until the onions are well coated.
5. Pre-heat oil in a large pot then using a fork or tongs add small blobs of the onion mixture into the oil.
6. Fry for about 3-4 minutes, turning the onions a couple of times until they’re golden crispy.
We served the onion bhajis with a really nice dip! We simply mixed together ½ cup Greek yoghurt, ½ tsp. turmeric, ½ cup cream cheese, a squeeze of lemon juice, 1/2 tsp of crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Yummy.
… Food Is Love …
For more “love-filled” recipes, do not forget to subscribe to my blog.
Follow me on the following Social Media platforms: